Medical Spa Marketing
Although the medical spa industry continues to enjoy robust year-over-year growth, businesses appear to be leaving money on the table. Revenue reportedly grew from $1,722,551 in 2021 to $1,982,896 last year. However, a deep dive into client demographics demonstrates a need for broader medical spa marketing efforts.
More than half of female patients are between the ages of 35 and 54. Women 55 and over comprise only 21 percent of medical spa patrons, down from 24 percent. Another medical spa marketing shortcoming is the fact that only 12 percent of patients are men. That figure has remained static despite some industry insiders predicting more men would opt for elective procedures. With less than 9,000 facilities in the U.S. employing 70,000 people, adopting a targeted medical spa marketing plan provides the outreach necessary to bring in under-served demographics.
How Consumers Make Decisions
To say that convenient access to digital information has changed the way everyday people approach medispa services has evolved would be something of an understatement. A recent study by the American Health Information Management Association indicates that upwards of 94 percent of patients conduct online research about conditions. Nearly 60 percent reportedly gather information about how to approach health and wellness before speaking to a professional.
The seismic shift away from doctor-first health and wellness advice presents challenges and opportunities. Medispa owners and operators must find ways to assert themselves into the information-seeking practices of potential patients. That can prove rewarding when an effective medical spa marketing plan delivers accurate and persuasive messaging to defined demographics.
Keys to an Affective Medical Spa Marketing Plan
Not all medical spas have the same demographic goals. Some prefer to attract clients who desire select and specialized services. These organizations may not necessarily want to reach out to a broad audience. These are ways a digital medical spa marketing campaign connects with potential clients.
- Search Engine Optimization: Commonly referred to as SEO in the digital marketing industry, keywords are strategically placed to increase a website’s ranking in search results. Internet users are inclined to click on platforms that show up at the top of the first page of search engine results pages, also known as SERPs. A savvy medical spa marketing campaign integrates SEO keywords and phrases that are proven effective in search engines. Google, with its 85 percent traffic share, remains a priority. Search engines such as Bing (7 percent) and Yahoo (2 percent), among others, are also important considerations.
- User-Friendly Website: When someone lands on your platform, it’s essential to make navigation as simple as possible. Too many websites confuse internet users, leading them to move on to a more manageable resource. A successful platform helps new patients by offering them obvious click-through options and easily digestible information. Items such as fast load times, information chunking, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and digital contact and scheduling forms make a significant difference.
- Client Reviews: Studies indicate that patient reviews hold sway when people are making decisions about scheduling an appointment. We are all well aware that consumers read Amazon product reviews, Yelp restaurant commentary, and other experiences about goods and services. Providing a space to highlight the kind words customers conveyed organically builds consumer confidence.
Employing a website for medical spa marketing purposes can be quite different from passive, information-only platforms. While a medispa needs to provide accurate information in easily understandable terms, it also must prompt potential clients to contact customer care professionals or schedule an appointment. The use of contact pages, online chat options, and appointment scheduling forms are essential elements of proactive medical spa marketing.
Build a Trusted Medical Spa Brand
The messaging and tone used to connect with new patients can make or break an outreach campaign. Medical spas are asking people to put their health, well-being, and appearance in the hands of professionals outside their orbit. Logo creation, color choices, and the narratives employed to communicate with community members must be carefully selected. That being said, these are ways a medical spa marketing firm can help build a trusted brand that onboards target audiences.
- Expectations: Build your brand around the ability to meet client aspirations. Articulate the ways you can provide industry-leading services in a safe and comfortable environment. When people feel their desires will be met, they are more likely to schedule a consultation.
- Patient Satisfaction: Dissatisfied patients can negatively impact a brand. It’s critical to convey that patients are the number one priority and efforts to improve the experience and outcomes are ongoing. One way to track patient outcomes and integrate the findings into your branding involves surveys. It’s also important to have a third-party marketing firm analyze the feedback in an impartial manner.
- Social Media: The use of social media is no longer considered a value-added marketing option. Few brands, products, services, or professionals can succeed without a viable social media presence. This medical spa marketing campaign element should not be left to novices. That’s why medispas would be well-served to enlist professionals to navigate social media messaging.
Successful branding helps bring in new people and maintain patient loyalty. A proactive campaign also encourages clients to refer friends and family members. Given the sensitive nature of medical spa procedures, it’s prudent to enlist the support of an experienced digital marketing consultant.
Contact a Trusted Medical Spa Marketing Leader
At Renaissance Digital Marketing, our experienced professionals work diligently with medical spa owners and operators to create an effective custom campaign designed to reach key demographics. We help medical spas with website design, SEO rankings, social media performance, and other essential services. Contact us today and let’s get the process started.